Frequently Asked Questions Online License Renewals

Select from the programs and areas listed below to view frequently asked questions. If you need additional support, please refer to technical support for our various programs. 

License Registration and Renewal

How does the electronic submission process work?
Through, Kelly Registration Systems (KRS) allows companies to submit new license applications, renewals, and tonnage reports to participating states. Fees and the required data are submitted electronically.  Licensees are also able to send supporting documentation (such as insurance verification or a label) to states.  

Will I receive my approval notice from the state faster if I use online applications or renewals than if I send my registrations in by paper mail?
The time it takes to receive registration confirmation varies by state, depending on internal procedures. However, by providing the data to the state electronically, states will be able to review applicant data more quickly and accurately.    

When will the state receive my application?
New applications will be submitted to the state as soon they are entered online. If payment is made by debit/credit card for a renewal, the funds and data will be sent to applicable states on the following business day. If the payment is made by ACH transaction, (direct bank debit) the data and funds will be submitted to the state one day after the transaction has been completed.

What states are available for renewal?
Renewals will be launched at different times throughout the year, and will generally be available as the states send out their renewal forms by paper/email.

Will I get a confirmation of approval?
KRS will send a confirmation of your online payment to the email address listed with your account. The state will send actual approval notices and licenses electronically or by paper, depending on the state's preference. 

How can I check the status of my license?
If you have not received your license after 5 business days, please contact the appropriate state administrator.

Will I be able to print a copy of my submission?
At the end of the process, a copy of the receipt will be emailed to the address indicated when you renewed online.  You may print that email as proof of submission.

Will I be charged a fee to renew my license online?
Most states charge a small convenience fee for ACH or credit card transactions.  This charge will be automatically calculated and added to your total fee on the transaction summary screen before you enter your payment information.  Convenience fees vary from state to state.  *Note* Licensees in Georgia, Kansas and Washington are not subject to convenience fees.

How can I confirm that my payment has been received?
When your payment is submitted by debit/credit card, or once we receive and process an ACH transfer, you will receive a confirmation email. Charges on your debit/ credit card will indicate they are from Kelly Registration Systems. (or in the case of Washington licenses, the credit card statement will reference WSDA - Weights & Measures.)

Will I get an updated license electronically?
Most states will send confirmation of approvals in the same manner to which you are accustomed; however, some states do send an electronic approval notice, in lieu of the paper certificate. 

How do I pay my fee-for-service invoice through the website?
Some agencies (e.g. SC Metrology, Fruit and Vegetable Inspections) allow you to pay an invoice online, even if it is not connected to a license. If you are paying by credit card, all necessary information to pay your invoice online is printed on your invoice. You will need your Customer Number and your Invoice Number. The link to log in to pay your invoice will also be printed on your invoice. If you have not received an invoice or have questions about paying online, contact technical support. See “How do I contact Technical Support” below.

How do I submit tonnage reports and what are the fees?
You can submit your tonnage reports (e.g. fertilizer, lime, soil amendments), electronically on the Kelly website for your state. You can enter the data directly on the site and view/print a summary of your report or you can upload a formatted Excel file, or AgGateway standard XML file, to enter your data (only available for North Dakota, Georgia and Clemson tonnage reporting). Once you have entered your data, your fees are calculated automatically and you can submit your payment online. Tonnage fees are based on your state’s requirements and the amount/type of tonnage you are reporting.


How can I pay for online applications and renewals?
Payment may be made by ACH, (direct bank debit) or debit/credit card.  We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

How can I be sure that my debit or credit card information is transmitted securely?
Kelly Registration Systems uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) through VeriSign Cybertrust for ACH and credit/debit card transactions, to ensure that all information is transmitted securely. 

Is there a limit on how much I can charge on a credit card?
There are no limits imposed by KRS. However, limits may be imposed by the bank that holds the credit card account.  Reasons typically include the renewal amount exceeding the maximum limit allowed on the card, exceeding a maximum limit allowed per business day, or the bank may need for you to verify that KRS is an authorized and approved vendor. Should you receive an error with your credit card payment, please contact the issuing bank for assistance.  

Is there a limit on the payment amount for ACH (direct bank debit) transactions?
Our bank allows a calendar week maximum of $150,000 per banking account.  This amount may be reached in a single transactions or multiple transactions.  Please be sure that your bank account allows for direct bank debits / ACH transactions.

Can I cancel an online transaction?  
If your information has not yet been provided to the state(s), you may simply email us with a request to cancel your transaction.  Please include the order tracking number for reference. Submit your email to  If the transaction is cancelled the same day it was initiated, it will be voided (will not show up on your credit card statement at all).  If your transaction is cancelled after the date initiated, both the initial transaction and a credit will appear on your statement. 

ACH Transactions
What is an ACH transaction?
ACH payments are financial transactions handled through the Automated Clearing House, a network which processes very large volumes of transactions in the United States. The network through which ACH payments are made is highly reliable and efficient, and is one of the safest ways to send money electronically. 

Are there processing fees associated with an ACH transaction?
While users will still pay applicable per-product convenience fees, there are no additional processing fees assessed for providing payment via ACH

How do I pay by ACH?

When you are ready to pay, you will select the pay by ACH button. You will be given instructions on how to pay by ACH. You will need your banking account and routing numbers, as well as the zip code of the bank holding the account.   Please note that currently, the maximum payment that may be applied via ACH is $150,000.00 per week, per checking account.  Orders that exceed this amount will need to be paid by another payment method.  However, your issuing bank may have additional restrictions on the per-transaction amount or daily/weekly amount that may be charged.

Security, Privacy and Technical Support
Who is Kelly Registration Systems (KRS), and what services do they provide?
KRS works with states to automate the renewals and registrations process and process funds electronically. Licensees may conveniently pay renewal fees using a credit or debit card.  KRS offers the flexibility to process multiple licensees (if linked or they are branches) at the same time, allowing companies to combine renewal information into one order and one payment.   

How do I contact technical support?

Should you have technical support questions regarding individual or company based licenses, permits or certifications, you may contact the Customer Service Department at KRS, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, at 800-803-5777 or email us at

Who can access my data?
Each licensee is given a unique username and password (usually found on the Invoice/Renewal notice sent by the State agency).  Each licensee only has access to his/her own license data (or linked locations/branches.)  

I lost my password. How can I retrieve it?
Usually the Invoice/Renewal notice from the state includes your password.  However, you may You may contact the Customer Service Department at KRS, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, at 800-803-5777, or email us at
I do not have any companies registered currently. How can I get a password for my new company?
You do not need a username/password to submit an application for a new business license.